Who we are and what we are offering in a nutshell.
Who and Why
- Why we exist – To provide a genuine alternative to the Lab/Lib/Con consensus of high taxes and huge spending. To offer a platform of radical self-empowerment and less government intervention. To reduce restrictions in the economy and public services, and enhance one’s freedom to choose, as well as to oppose prevailing so-called ‘identity politics’ and attacks on free speech.
- Who we are – Politically active ordinary citizens operating entirely within modest membership fees and small donations. Founding members based in Kent and are ex-members of major parties.
“To provide the missing opposition and offer a modern platform of radical self-empowerment and opportunity.
We will defeat the stale, out-of-touch and self-interested mainstream political parties in elections throughout the country and shape public policy around greater freedom, liberty and democracy.“
“A modern bottom-up society revolving much more around the free choice, innovation and judgement of the people.
Government that treats people like adults and is primarily concerned with – not greater control over our lives – but with clearing obstacles and promoting self-advancement for everyone in our country as a more successful route to happiness and prosperity.“
- School Choice – Radical school reform where parents (rather than schools) are funded directly with school vouchers who are then free to choose which school to send their child, thus improving school access for poorer kids and improving school standards as a result of increased competition.
- Guaranteed Income – Replacing the benefits and Universal Credit system, an income-based welfare credit via HMRC to the tune of a basic salary – reduced as your earned income increases – is a simple system that eliminates inefficient bureaucracy and stress, while tackling the ‘welfare trap’.
- Land Value Tax (LVT) – Taxing the value of land (not properties) becomes the country’s principal tax, abolishing all other taxes. Land value increases over time thanks to the investment of the community. An LVT means taxing unearned wealth, rather than earned wealth.
- Self-Government / Brexit – ‘No’ to rejoining the European Union in favour of remaining a free, independent and self-governing nation (founding members were active ‘Leave’ campaigners).
Highlight quotations reflecting the party’s main messages.
I believe the Establishment is stuck in the last century. Just look at how we conduct much of our affairs today thanks to digital technology.
We need a modern emphasis on innovation and choice throughout our economy and public services.
By downloading our photographs you agree not to edit, change or manipulate them in any way other than to resize them as per your requirements.
Founded by grassroots campaigners, the Foundation Party is a UK registered political party working to offer an alternative direction of travel for the country.
We believe in greater freedom and liberty for the individual within a self-governing democratic nation. We offer a platform of radical self-empowerment suitable for the 21st century.